windows 8.1 won't go into sleep mode,

Anonymous
2013-10-28T15:21:29+00:00

Upgraded to windows 8.1 on my HP, since then it fails to go into sleep mode. I have had it set up for 20 mins, and never had this problem before. I have tried to change it to 25 mins. no change. Also stopped live update on windows 8 screen still no difference>

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-01T14:16:45+00:00

    I went into the control panel and removed the homegroup. Period. If I have anything to share, my 16GB flash drive works. So now it goes to sleep.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments