Those with Windows 8.1 like me who have the youtube green screen this is how I fixed mine. Go to your desktop and go on to your all control panel items and click internet options. Once your on internet options click advanced. You will see something that say's Accelerated Graphics click the box underneath it that says 'Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering' After you clicked that scroll down till you see security you will see a box that says enable 64-bit processes for enhanced protected mode click that and then all you has to do is apply. After you apply exit the internet options and restart your Brower it should be fixed. If not then you might have to update your flash or uninstall your flash player and reinstall it. Hoped I helped if not sorry I tried TT_TT It works for me so far hopefully this fixes the problem
Green Screen When Playing Videos On Windows 8.1 after updated from windows 8
HELP ME!!..I would like to know how to solve this issue. Im using ASUS A550C with GEFORCE GT720M graphic card. The original windows is windows 8 64bit and i update it to windows 8.1 . After i updated, i try to play all types of videos either through online or offline, the green screen will appear. I had try updates all the drivers and the problem still occur. Help me to solve this as soon as possible please!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I Just bought a Toshiba laptop with windows 8.1 (8-23-2014). when I went to anything that had flash drive videos or any video playback, I got the audio but also got the dreaded green screen. After many online searches for solutions (none that worked) I finally found one that worked and was very simple for me to follow and implement (i'm not stupid, but my computer acumen is well below professional programmer) so I was looking for an easy to follow solution, and I found it. keep in mind that the "AMD Radeon 4 Graphics" card that I show on my steps is specific for my computer, but I bet your graphics card will work similarly...
1 - go to "control panel"
2 - find "hardware and sound"
3 - find "devices and printers"
4 - find "device manager"
5 - find "display adaptors" (or something similar)
6 - click on "display adaptors"
6.1 - the name of your graphics card will come up. mine was "amd radeon 4
graphics" (amd radeon 4 was specific for my computer, i'm sure yours
will have a different graphics driver.)
7 - right click on "amd radeon 4 graphics", a drop down box will open with choices
8 - click "update driver software"
9 - pick either "search automatically" or "search manually"
9.1 - I picked "searched automatically" (it took several minutes)
10 - install the driver that comes up.
11 - restart windows 8.1
flash videos ran, and the green screen was gone.
49 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-01-29T20:35:50+00:00 There's 3 pages of stuff to do here and I tried all of them! and then I did the one:
- Open Control Panel
- Go to device manager
- Click on display adaptors
- Right click on whatever graphics stuff is directly below this
- Select properties
- Click on Driver Tab
- Click on Rollback Driver
- OK
- Restart Computer
The person who said to do this, i just wanted to say thank you so much! this did the trick! I can't thank you enough!
-
Anonymous
2015-01-26T09:17:08+00:00 Hi Ian. I'm sorry to hear you still have the same problem I know how frustrating this must be. See if all AMD drive is removed. Then go on line and down load another media drive that is compatible with facebook and you tube. That would have been my next step. Good luck.
-
Anonymous
2015-01-25T21:54:43+00:00 Hi Vaughn. I removed AMD Catalyst and sadly 2 days later in face book a green screen appeared in a video. Now back to square one.....