Error Code - Invalid Process Attach Attempt

Anonymous
2014-02-03T05:21:28+00:00

I have an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 installed (x64) 

Ever since installing Windows 8.1, my laptop freezes at random while I'm using it and even CTRL,ALT,DEL doesn't work. So I have to turn it off, and the last time I turned it back on I got the above error with a blue screen. It restarted for me, but then was on a loop and I kept getting this error over and over.

Please help!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-31T22:09:55+00:00

I solved this problem without removing avg on my new HP Laptop. I removed the Synaptics touchpad driver from the PC as part of the uninstall of the driver and no problem. I'm running 8.`1 Windows and the default driver from windows is OK unless you want to upgrade to the latest driver from Synaptics (which I haven't done and has to come from the HP site). To stop the error so you can delete the driver, best to use a usb mouse. (Do not push the touchpad buttons at any point if you want to do this without an independent mouse. Select by touching twice on the pad instead). Bad driver was version 17.0.6.2 and was delivered by HP in the new laptop.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-29T06:12:35+00:00

Thank you for the detailed response. You can place the computer in **clean boot** and manually install Windows Update one after the other and check which update is causing this issue.

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T10:31:58+00:00

    Hello Bob,

    Thank you for the update on this issue.

    After system cleanup please ensure that you install all the pending updates, it will certainly improve your Windows performance.

    Ensure that all the Windows Updates are installed on your computer as the issue might be occurring due to some missing updates which might be available under optional updates.

    Please follow the steps to install available Windows Updates.

    1. Press Windows + R, type control.exe and then click on ok.
    2. Change the view by (from windows explorer) to large icons or small icons.
    3. Double Click on Windows Update.
    4. Click Check for Updates. After the scan is complete, click Review optional updates.
    5. Click the check box next to the updates, then click Install updates.
    6. If prompted, review the license agreement, then click I Accept.
    7. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the updates. If prompted, reboot your computer.

    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-05T12:07:28+00:00

    I have used the FREE www.iobit.com Uninstaller with good success in removing the normal 'garbage' that a product doesn't remove. Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-31T13:41:33+00:00

    You could try to make a complete uninstalling of McAfee with Revo uninstaller (that is a free program) and then install AVG again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments