I solved this problem without removing avg on my new HP Laptop. I removed the Synaptics touchpad driver from the PC as part of the uninstall of the driver and no problem. I'm running 8.`1 Windows and the default driver from windows is OK unless you want to upgrade to the latest driver from Synaptics (which I haven't done and has to come from the HP site). To stop the error so you can delete the driver, best to use a usb mouse. (Do not push the touchpad buttons at any point if you want to do this without an independent mouse. Select by touching twice on the pad instead). Bad driver was version 17.0.6.2 and was delivered by HP in the new laptop.
Error Code - Invalid Process Attach Attempt
I have an HP laptop with Windows 8.1 installed (x64)
Ever since installing Windows 8.1, my laptop freezes at random while I'm using it and even CTRL,ALT,DEL doesn't work. So I have to turn it off, and the last time I turned it back on I got the above error with a blue screen. It restarted for me, but then was on a loop and I kept getting this error over and over.
Please help!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for the detailed response. You can place the computer in **clean boot** and manually install Windows Update one after the other and check which update is causing this issue.
Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-05-01T14:33:15+00:00 Hello Meghan,
Thank you for the Update on this issue.
I recommend you to try the steps of Anil Kumar B posted on February 4, 2014.
Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-08T06:06:05+00:00 The computer that I have is a Windows 8.1 HP15. Which one of Anil Kumar B's answers do you suggest I try??? I see a few different ones and do not want to accidentally mess it up entirely so I thought it best to clarify just in case. Sorry for the inconvenience...I just can not stress enough that I am pretty technology illiterate. lol Thanks for the help by the way. I really appreciate it.
-
Anonymous
2015-04-05T01:07:07+00:00 I have an HP windows 8.1 and I keep getting stuck in a reboot circle with the blue screen saying:
Invalid_Process_Attach_Attempt
It normally happeneds when Windows update or waking up from sleep mode. My computer usually restarts 5 or 6 times before I manually power off.