I think that the answer is that WLM doesn't support group lists. I switched to another email program and left WLM altogether. Not worth the frustration.
Unable to send emails to Groups in Windows Live Mail
Original title: sending & receiving group contact emails
I don't understand why I cannot send emails to my group contacts, as I have done for many years. I tried it on another computer in the house today, using my husband's account, and it worked fine. On my own account, when I begin to type in the group name, for example "Fam," the full name "Family" will appear, I click on it, and it appears in the To line, as it should. It looks like it is ready to send, but it does not go. If I copy to my own email to see what happens, I am the only name on the sent message. This has been a problem for nearly a year, but now I need to use larger group mailings, and it is a bigger problem. What can I do? Both of our computers run Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. I have read some comments from the community about Windows Live Mail not supporting group contacts, but why does it allow the creation of group contacts if they cannot be used?
Thanks,
Ruth
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-10-17T10:41:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-10-16T16:45:44+00:00 I'm having a problem too. Slightly different. I click on the group, The name of the group goes onto the address line as it should. I click on the + sign, No names appear, as though there are no names in the group, or it may just add one or two names. I have gone into the address list and checked each group. The names are there, It is not adding them to the e-mail.
-
Anonymous
2014-10-04T16:00:26+00:00 Showell,,
I am also continuing to follow the thread that has developed after my original complaint about not being able to use group contacts. I still have the problem; and I still work around it by either typing in individual addresses, if there are not many, or cutting-pasting a list of group addresses that I keep on a draft message.
There are also other Windows Live Mail problems, such as closing the entire WLM application when I try to close one message, and deleting 2 or 3 messages when I try to delete one. I am getting more unhappy all the time.
Thanks for your message,
Ruth
-
Anonymous
2014-10-04T15:06:50+00:00 Followed this thread with interest as I've encountered the same problem -- an email addressed to a "group" -- or "category" didn't send to the individuals listed under the category - and when an attempt was made to open the category up (under either bcc or cc) the entire group disappeared. Or when the group was added to the bcc or cc lines not all members were included. Extremely annoying. I've spent hours trying to fix this and I'm very disappointed to discover that this problem has existed for a while and Microsoft seems to be taking an extremely long time to fix this. It seems that there are several bugs in windows live mail. PLEASE FIX THEM It's extremely annoying NOT to be able to use distribution groups for mailing.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-04T22:23:53+00:00 Hi everyone,
We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you. Our senior support specialist would like to ask for the following information below to further investigate this problem in Windows Live Mail:
- Affected email addresses (Please post the correct format so that it will be masked automatically by the system *ex. *****@domain.com)
- When did the issue occur?
- Step by step actions that you used/lead to the issue
- Troubleshooting steps performed
- Windows Live Mail version & build number
We'll wait for your response.
Thank you.