It's not currently possible.
Ripping music from cd to xbox one?
I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.
Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.
Thanks
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Kellylad09,
Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav
Thanks,
Jeremy J.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-12-31T20:29:34+00:00 This is such an old thread and is out of date.
If you want to listen to your ripped music, put it on an external drive, plug it into one of the USB ports on your Xbox One. Use the Media Player app to listen to your music.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/manage-storage#02d0869813514fd3add0eea5ab124fee
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/media-player-faq
-
Anonymous
2014-07-29T04:09:52+00:00 Eight months and this is still the wrong support forum. Contact Xbox Live support, this support forum is for the Xbox Music service.
-
Anonymous
2014-01-24T22:51:34+00:00 The 360 uses the POWER architecture, the One uses the x86 architecture. that means they are re-writing EVERYTHING from the ground up. They didn't remove anything, they just haven't added it yet.