It's not currently possible.
Ripping music from cd to xbox one?
I purchased my day one edition today, upon trying to rip songs from a cd that I had inserted, I found now possible way to do this. It was so simple on the 360, it means i can't play forza game with music in the background from my CDs that I have stored in the hard drive, as the forza disc will be installed aswell for it to play.
Can anyone shed some information on this? Incase I have missed something.
Thanks
Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Kellylad09,
Thank you for your contribution to the forums. Your question should be directed to the Xbox One forums and below is a link that should help.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one?xr=shellnav
Thanks,
Jeremy J.
42 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-12-31T20:39:28+00:00 This is such an old thread and is out of date.
If you want to listen to your ripped music, put it on an external drive, plug it into one of the USB ports on your Xbox One. Use the Media Player app to listen to your music.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/manage-storage#02d0869813514fd3add0eea5ab124fee
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/media-player-faq
Have you found a way to hide the media player while playing your games, or navigating your Xbox one? If so, this would be a very good solution. I know it has to be possible, because the party chat can be hidden. Please let me know how to do this.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-10T19:08:43+00:00 Seriously, without nerd rage, how is this not possible yet? Even if this was a launch issue?
-
btbt 11,841 Reputation points
2014-01-04T06:43:05+00:00 Like the PS4, the focus at launch was about making their own music services better. Unlike the PS4, Microsoft has stated that playing your own music will be coming in a future update.
So don't be switching to the PS4, because it can't rip (or even play) your audio CDs either and Sony has said nothing on adding this functionality.