Windows 8.1 - apps close immediately after opening

Anonymous
2013-11-12T21:25:01+00:00

None of the Windows 8 apps will fully load.

After clicking on an app, the loading screen appears for about a second, and then it goes back to the (metro) menu.

I can still see these apps as open on the left-side bar.

This happened after the installation of 50 windows updates.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-04T20:22:49+00:00

    Having exact same problems.  Running Windows 8 with two users.  only is affecting one user.  Trying the  "System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)" now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-27T18:29:28+00:00

    I dunno, but I'm having exactly the same problem, and I have to say, unless I see articles singing praises for Windows 10 across the board, Microsoft really is going to have to get evicted as a household name from my home!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-05T08:02:50+00:00

    And still no solution. I wonder how Crybaby did with his Mac?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-28T00:20:00+00:00

    32-Bits Applications

    Some of the apps are 32-bits and probably your PC is 64-bits.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T10:32:31+00:00

    I already installed that update......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments