I have the same issue but in addition, I get a BSOD while surfing the internet. No rhyme or reason just BSOD and I'll have this warning about 5 or 6 times.
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load
We'll start with this Event FIRST:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date: 10/26/13 1:03:18 PM
Event ID: 219
Task Category: (212)
Level: Warning
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Michael-HP
Description:
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_USB_SD_Reader&Rev_1.00#18E3312D81B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
<EventID>219</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>212</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-26T17:03:18.207832500Z" />
<EventRecordID>42592</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="208" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Michael-HP</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="DriverNameLength">124</Data>
<Data Name="DriverName">SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_USB_SD_Reader&Rev_1.00#18E3312D81B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}</Data>
<Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data>
<Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data>
<Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WudfRd</Data>
<Data Name="Version">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
I'm guessing this is related to Event ID 11 (below) which shows up for 4 items DR1 through DR 4. .
Log Name: System
Source: disk
Date: 10/26/13 1:22:46 PM
Event ID: 11
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Michael-HP
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="disk" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">11</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-26T17:22:46.417018600Z" />
<EventRecordID>42601</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Michael-HP</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Harddisk2\DR2</Data>
<Binary>0F00800001000000000000000B0004C00301000000000000000000001600000000000000000000000B29010000000000FFFFFFFF06000000580000050000000000000A122809080000000000140000000000000000000000803A110200E0FFFF0000000000000000E053B70100E0FFFF0000000000000000000000000000000035000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>
These show up on Device Manager as:
Disk Drives: as Generic USB SD Reader, CF Reader, xD/SM Reader and MS REader
and under
Portable Devices as E:\ through H:\
Device Status shows as Device Working Properly
Before you ask: earlier today I ran
sfc /scannow
Dism/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
full scan Windows Defender
full scan Malwarebytes
NO new hardware or software since Windows 8.1 upgrade
all Windows Updates
Any help would be appreciated as I slowly go through the MULTIPLE Event Logs caused by my recent UPGRADE to Windows 8.1
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-01-07T15:00:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-23T11:54:06+00:00 You know what they say.... the guilty always run!
I'm about 6 weeks in on a new Acer Laptop v3-772g which funnily enough has a SSD drive. I had to upgrade to 8.1Pro for work.
Today I got this message for the first time. I am linking it to using SD slot. All drivers are up to date. SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_PCISTOR#Disk&Ven_REALSIL&Prod_RTS5208LUN0&Rev_1.00#0000#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}
Event ID 219
Prior to this I had a kernel issue which caused a BSOD on a weekly basis. I fixed that one by downgrading a driver back to Acer version of NVIDIA. MS had updated this as part of its regular updates.
The joys of Microsoft.......
-
Anonymous
2014-01-12T11:23:29+00:00 mine is very similar
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM{d878e377-621c-11e2-be65-806e6f6e6963}#0000003A98100000
it occurs on boot up when I do not have my Kingston data traveller 16 GB USB stick plugged in (which is always the case). The error goes away when the stick is plugged in before a bootup.
my question is why should the system expect the stick to be plugged in?
and posting this here just in case you guys have same issue...where it is simply the lack of usb stick plugged in during boot.
edit: I have a few types of usb sticks and same kingston of different sizes.. only the one I mentioned causes this error in the log.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-11T11:04:03+00:00 The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM{f892cc04-c3e4-11e2-be76-806e6f6e6963}#0000000000200000.
I have this too since W8.1 upgrade. Windows does not boot, and boots only on restart.
I noticed that the final part of the device number is similar. be76-806e6f6e6963. I had a go at it but no luck. Hope some else can fix it.
-
Anonymous
2013-11-27T10:40:06+00:00 sometimes when the computer stalls at boot I reset the computer and once windows boots again device manager shows my external , and three internal drives as jacked up not working also my location services "driver" also .... :(
goanna try raid again
wish me luck