Windows update error 80246007
error code 80246007. BITS is running and I have run Fit it but that didn't correct problem.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-08-25T17:47:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-08-25T17:29:31+00:00 I later sent a link for these 2 logs but I will send them again if you didn't get them. Thanks
-
Anonymous
2014-08-25T17:13:50+00:00 Bill
You only uploaded the System Information file as I pointed out to you. Quote from my earlier reply "You also need to provide the two Event Viewer logs."
The Cause of Error Code 80072EE2
There are two or three reasons for this error.
a) The update site really is unavailable.
b) There is a problem with your network connection, particularly with your firewall settings.
c) You have just installed a program that blocks, or interferes, with the connection to Microsoft's update service.
The Solution
Firstly, seek more information by examining the Windowsupdate.log. Navigate thus:
%SYSTEMROOT%\Windowsupdate.log (usually C:\windows\Windowsupdate.log).
1) Here is specific advice, check your internet connection can you contact: update.microsoft.com or windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
1a) It is worth adding Microsoft's site to your Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer
Navigate thus:
Internet Explorer, Tools Menu, Internet Options, Trusted Sites. Now add:
http://download.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
2) Examine your firewall settings, try turning off the firewall temporarily and see if you can connect to the update service.
3) If you have any file download accelerators and internet speed accelerators, then blame them. Try removing such accelerator software.
Source: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_80072EE2.htm
-
Anonymous
2014-08-25T17:01:03+00:00 I sent these logs last Friday. The error code I am getting now after performing the steps sent to me in email this AM is 80072EE2. Is it necessary to send the same logs I downloaded on Friday again or do I need to delete those downloads and redo the entire downloads?
-
Anonymous
2014-08-25T16:43:18+00:00 Bill
Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.
To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.
For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3: