How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session

Anonymous
2014-05-10T21:48:41+00:00

After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-09-14T13:41:56+00:00

    It's not a good idea to try to run more than one antivirus program simultaneously because they use kernel hooks. In general all you'll really do is kill performance, but it can cause very serious corruption as well.

    More than one firewall and/or malware scanner, go right ahead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-04T18:04:54+00:00

    This is not true. It remains after three reboots. I've stopped and now disabled the service.

    Ref: Windows 10. Up-to-date on service packs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-12-13T15:29:58+00:00

    Then you aren't using the LOG ME IN RESCUE ONE-ONCE program, obviously :)

    In this case you can uninstall it the way you've uninstalled things for the past 32 years, by going to Control Panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T14:12:41+00:00

    I tried the:  

    1. Right clicked Windows logo
    2. Click Run
    3. Type in msconfig
    4. The System Configuration box will display
    5. Click on the Service tab
    6. In the lower left corner click Hide all Microsoft services
    7. Scroll to LogMeIn Recuse and uncheck
    8. Restart

    But neither LogMeIn Rescue, nor Support-LogMeInRescue, show up with Hide all Microsoft services checked or unchecked. It's not in Add Remove Programs either.

    The exe file shows up in my Downloads folder: Support-LogMeInRescue.exe

    I talked to a legitimate Microsoft tech. I called the support number from "Get Help With Windows 10"

    I don't know if it's doing anything bad or not, but I would like it gone. Since it's an installed program, simply deleting it is not an option.

    Like you I call Microsoft and that is what worked for me. I agree it it annoying to get one problem fixed and have new one appear

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-03-06T15:37:44+00:00

    If it were me, I'd try the easiest thing first:  Uninstall Chrome and go download it fresh from the Chrome site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments