Hi! Only "Automatically select..." was checked. All the boxes were unchecked. Nothing selected related to proxies. Still the same problem. Had hoped this might work - but sadly, no, it didn't!
Can't access Windows Store
Here is my problem. Whenever I try to open Windows Store there's a message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again." . But, my internet works just fine. I saw some other suggestions about using a troubleshoter, but it didn't work all it says is that my display adapter isn't up-to-date, although it is! I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I wanted to download the the 8.1 update from the Store. Any reply is appreciated.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-10-23T23:09:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-10-23T22:40:49+00:00 ....before switching to Australia where I assume you are from. hi :)
Yes Australia
will be awhile to study..some other notes to /// but are you using a proxy connection?
No. No proxy is set
edit..and pls remove that link to your file. ty.
Sorry - don't understand. But will take down the web file.
are you on a mobile device?
No. Laptop. Connected via wireless at home for this exercise. Same with a wireless connection at the office.
edit 2: I think this is the key line "HandleAuthChallenge - 401 response for https://next-services.apps.microsoft.com/Identity/Consumer, GetServiceTicket failed ...." and my guess it is because you are using a proxy connection .. but I am not sure why it keeps trying to make the connection over and over again without stopping with an error message. (it is an endless loop)
edit 3: and this line clearly says that you are not logged into you account "User is not logged-in to Live so aborting query for 'Picks for you' recommendation list."
This was true. But if I log in with my MS account, the result is the same.
but then again that app fixer...checks to make sure you are not on a proxy ... in my case though It did not work to tell me that I was not in an account. SO maybe after all that your issue is the same as mine.. need to be in a Microsoft account is all. now I am waiting for you to tell me.. but I have no proxy and am on a MS account. hehe.
still the solution is close at hand.
I do hope so!!!!
Max Williams
-
Anonymous
2013-10-23T22:36:41+00:00 Took a month looking for the solution and just yesterday I managed to locate it ... enter to the old Internet Explorer TOOLS (above), INTERNET OPTIONS, CONNECTIONS, LAN SETTINGS ... Sets THERE AUTOMATICALLY DETECT AND ALSO REMOVE THE PROXY SERVER tiket (DOWN) ... YOU WILL SEE THAT HOME SCREEN WORK IF YOU STIL HAVE THE PROBLEM.
After change to 8.1 you must do the same to continue working with windows APP's.
Greetings and good luck
-
Anonymous
2013-10-23T12:05:30+00:00 hi ..just to say I have seen the log ...and will take some time to think on it.. but already I notice that there are several handshaking attempts and failures and repeating to find out who you are...particularily these lines
"Warning_ WS [00005320:00002108] CHttpRequest::_GetProxyInfoForUrl: Autoproxy failed: 0x80072f94
2013-10-23 10:44:33.572, _Info_ WS [00005320:00002108] Proxy list = (null), Proxy bypass = (null), Proxy access type = 0
2013-10-23 10:44:33.572, _Info_ WS [00005320:00002108] CHttpRequest::_SendRequest: Calling WinHttpSendRequest, hRequest 0x"
draw my eye.
and in the very beginning it starts out en- GB ...which I take to be great Britain... before switching to Australia where I assume you are from. hi :)
will be awhile to study..some other notes to /// but are you using a proxy connection?
edit..and pls remove that link to your file. ty. are you on a mobile device?
edit 2: I think this is the key line "HandleAuthChallenge - 401 response for https://next-services.apps.microsoft.com/Identity/Consumer, GetServiceTicket failed ...." and my guess it is because you are using a proxy connection .. but I am not sure why it keeps trying to make the connection over and over again without stopping with an error message. (it is an endless loop)
edit 3: and this line clearly says that you are not logged into you account "User is not logged-in to Live so aborting query for 'Picks for you' recommendation list."
but then again that app fixer...checks to make sure you are not on a proxy ... in my case though It did not work to tell me that I was not in an account. SO maybe after all that your issue is the same as mine.. need to be in a Microsoft account is all. now I am waiting for you to tell me.. but I have no proxy and am on a MS account. hehe. still the solution is close at hand.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-23T11:52:54+00:00 I am surprised .. a clean install from 7 to 8.1 should have done the trick.
Sorry - this was a clean re-install of the upgrade from 7 to 8. My problem here is upgrade from 8 to
8.1
I need a hint tho... what are the last 6 lines in the log.
2013-10-23 10:44:43.282, _Info_ WS [00005320:00003732] DiscoveryService::SetOSInfo(): Edition: Professional, Type: Retail
2013-10-23 10:44:47.151, _Info_ WS [00005320:00002812] DiscoveryService::InstalledLocales: set to en-GB
2013-10-23 10:44:47.151, _Info_ WS [00005320:00002812] SetRefreshTimerWorkCallback - setting refresh time for service 0 at time 130292370775897023 (current time is 130269590871512622)
2013-10-23 10:47:12.823, _Info_ WS [00005320:00003732] visibilityState changed to: hidden
2013-10-23 10:47:15.803, _Info_ WS [00005320:00003732] visibilityState changed to: visible
2013-10-23 10:47:18.489, _Info_ WS [00005320:00003732] visibilityState changed to: hidden
and what happens if you let it go 4 or 5 min?
Nothing different happens - it has been allowed to run for up to 20 minutes. Nothing happens - endless green store screen and countdown image.
really I would like to see the whole log.. but will settle for six last lines .. if you delete log and try again.
Log was deleted, then the store was tried again for five minutes (approx). New log is at http://www.mcnicolwilliams.com.au/8point1/winstore.log