This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T17:58:37+00:00

    I have the same scenario, a computer a few months old, updated to 8.1 when it came available and the Store was disabled last night with the install of KB2887595.  I followed RDY2DVE's process and the Store is working again.

    Also to confirm the issue, I have another computer on 8.1 that has not received the KB2887595 update yet and the Store works fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T15:26:33+00:00

    I was able to finally get the Store running again on my system by going through my updates and getting rid of them.  I tried KB2908174 first, rebooted, and ran wsreset.exe and received the same error message.  However, when I uninstalled KB2887595 and rebooted (these steps took quite some time) and then ran wsreset.exe, the Store began working normally again. 

    KB2887595 is definitely the problem for my system.  After getting the Store to work again, I ran Windows Update and reinstalled KB2887595.  After reboot, I opened the store (again through wsreset.exe) and began receiving the error again.  I'm going to re-un-install the update and will just have to skip updates until the issue is resolved - hopefully soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T15:01:12+00:00

    Having the same problem, but not on a brand new system, rather one that is a few months old.  I have never had this problem with the store before, even after upgrading to 8.1 when it was released.  I installed the Windows Updates listed below last night and began receiving the Store error this morning.

    • KB2908174
    • KB2906956
    • KB2898514
    • KB2887595
    • KB2901101

    The WSReset.exe didn't work (simply opened the store to the error as indicated previously by another user).  I have no pending updates showing in Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T13:51:04+00:00

    I'll join everyone else here. Got a brand new computer yesterday, upgraded from preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and now can't access the store ("This version of Windows is no longer supported by Windows Store").

    Really dont want to reinstall everything from scratch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T13:33:19+00:00

    I did wsreset and it did somthing and windows store opened and gave me same error, this version of windows is not supported?

    How can i fix this?

    I have the same issue and wsreset does not fix.  I even reset my system and upgraded to 8.1 from the Windows store but still receive this error message after those extra steps.  Please provide a solution.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments