This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-25T03:44:42+00:00

    Hello everyone

    There is no need for conspiracy theories here.

    It looks like Microsoft has fixed the issue. You might need to reboot your computer or in my case just close and reopen the Store app. It works again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T20:20:23+00:00

    Hello Everyone just amazed when i saw it . About 3 months ago i packaged (for experiment ) windows 8.1 store as appx file and saved it in my laptop . 4 days before i installed windows 8.1 on desktop pc  ( provided by microsoft for download ) now store stopped working ( ERROR version of windows not supported by windows store ) . But when on the same windows 8.1 i again installed the three months old store package , it starts to Work . ( looks like some cheap trick of microsoft to make users upgrade to windows 10 ) and in the end i love windows 10 but my old desktop can only run win 8.1. So i am sticking with it till 2022

    Try This (Don't need to refresh windows or something)

    files

    1 https://rg.to/file/68ee32ebb54e5a6a001f799959e1365e/how\_to\_fix\_the\_store.txt.html

    2 https://rg.to/file/2856e1d3baf2d1f7ebd6233b28fa03e3/windows\_8.1\_store.zip.html

    3 https://rg.to/file/6edc4f74d3a93ae514d90747defe22fb/Loader.exe.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T16:20:18+00:00

    ITS funny because when i noticed the problem with windows store i had done the refreshing process ,so  naturally i thought i screwed up, but my apps and game apps led me in a different direction and thats when i found out about the HATCHET JOB done by MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS STORE. I don't know crap about PC programming , but months ago i noticed windows 8.1 apps started being usupported or changed to Windows 10 format. i saw this coming long story short and after discussions with several app developers , who i wont mention, made me find the solution....and basically  is windows answer if your pc is going thru this, TWO CHOICES WERE GIVEN BY A WINDOWS REP. .CHOICE 1 ; go online buy windows 10 software [ $120.00] and install it ...CHOICE 2 ; BUY A NEW PC THAT HAS WINDOWS 10...THATS IT..And from win 8.1 and older no longer exist l, they still function now, but without upates and security..system  fall apart . I gave in and bought the software for W/10 DWNLDED & INSTALLED IT.ONLY TOOK 2 DAYS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments