bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T05:29:21+00:00

    I did try  "Update Driver Software" option but nothing changed.

    Right now I do see the node of my phone under Bluetoothin Device Manager. I also tried to update it by right click, but no help. Is that mean my phone can pair with my system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T00:11:21+00:00

    Note that you will need IHV/OEM software to enable some of the Bluetooth interop scenarios with Phone. Intel Web link has the latest software packages for the Bluetooth and WiFi adapter on your system.

    From the info you share earlier it seems the Wireless and Bluetooth profiles are installed and working - (Bluetooth devices under Network Adapter). So may be Bluetooth package is installed.

    Can you try "Update Driver Software" option I mentioned earlier to update the drivers for Bluetooth adapter?

    Also if you have tried connecting to phone I didn't see any Bluetooth service node for phone under the "Bluetooth Adapter". Did you pair your Phone with your system when you try this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T23:12:47+00:00

    I tried to install the driver like you said but it's impossible. I don't know why the installation wizard did not appear to run even after I chose 'Run in compatibility for Windows 8".

    The bluetooth scenario is the same for before and after the Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapterwas uninstalled. Actually, my phone can connect to the laptop via bluetooth but the connection can last only 20-30 sec. Even in the interval of 20-30 sec connection, my phone can NOT send a photo to the laptop.

    I think you can understand the problem more now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T22:42:47+00:00

    From what you shared, it seems Intel driver package is not installed for Bluetooth and you have generic Bluetooth drivers loaded. With generic driver you should be able to use the Bluetooth functionality, so can you share what Bluetooth scenario is not working? Or with original "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter" drivers what Bluetooth functionality was not working?

    To install the drivers for your Bluetooth adapter you may try using the Driver package (Wireless_16.5.3_De164.exe) from Intel Web site I pointed earlier. If you still don't see the "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter" then you can use the steps below to download the drivers from Windows Update.

    a.       Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

    b.      Expand "Bluetooth Radios".

    c.       Right-click on the Generic Bluetooth Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T22:27:41+00:00

    Before I uninstalled the driver for bluetooth as Mr. Winston M from Microsoft instructed above, I think the bluetooth driver was "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter". After I reinstalled the package from your link, the bluetooth driver did NOT come back to Device Manager, which makes me worry a lot.

    Right now, there are no yellow banged nodes under Bluetooth which is having Generic Bluetooth Adapter and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (two totally).

    Network Adapters:

    Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

    Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

    Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

    Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller

    I hope the problem can be solved soon.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments