bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-12T19:42:39+00:00

    Thank you for your help, but my Bluetooth is from Intel. It still has the same problem till now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T22:00:53+00:00

    Ok, I had the same issue with the Bluetooth not working after upgrading to Windows 8.1. I tried all you have done with no success. What I did in my case (with my Hp Pavilion dm3) is this: I went to http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php and downloaded the latest Driver since my Bluetooth was made by Broadcom. I followed the instructions on there, then rebooted my laptop. Now my Bluetooth is working. I can now turn it on and off as I please (before it wouldn’t let me turn it on). I would suggest you check and see whether or not your Bluetooth was made by Broadcom, then try what I did. I Hope it works, good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T19:14:38+00:00

    The product number of my laptop is: E0K41UA#ABA.

    My phone is Samsung Galaxy Y, model #: GT-S5360.

    Only bluetooth connecting with my laptop is not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T18:22:14+00:00

    Can you share the exact model number of your system - e.g. HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k012dx Sleekbook. Also can you share more details on your phone make, model and the features you find not working?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T00:30:59+00:00

    I certainly installed the whole package from Intel and I also tried to unpair and repair my phone with the laptop but no help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments