Unable to install KB2919355 -Error codes 0246007 , 8024000B , 80073712 , 80070002

Anonymous
2014-04-24T04:42:16+00:00

Original title: recurring error on windows 8.1 update

i have been trying to update my current windows 8.1 to windows 8.1 update but run to so many errors namely 80246007 , 8024000B ,  80073712 , 80070002 i tried doing the dism.exe thing from the command line but the error just keeps coming back also i followed this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42335 to isolate which KB is the error coming from (KB2919355)

i also tried manual install but the same error i am pretty much frustrated and there is the threat that if you don't update to windows 8.1 update you wont receive future patches ironically you can't install the update

any help will do

thank you

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-30T03:43:15+00:00

    Hi,

    Refer to the steps mentioned in the following link and check.

    Error Code 0x80073712 occurs in Windows Update or Microsoft Update

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957310/en-us

    Note: Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-29T23:45:30+00:00

    i have tried a clean boot as you suggested so no anti virus is in play after waiting for it to download and install i get this

    this is happening every time and this error is mentioned on my question

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-29T22:59:37+00:00

    i only have windows defender of the moment all updates are installed without problem except for the windows 8.1 update

    i will try the clean boot and i will be back with some updates

    thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-29T17:14:21+00:00

    I am using Norton 360

    I am traveling and am getting nervous about doing too many other tries and really mess up my computer. Are there any problems in letting this go until I can get settled near a tech?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-29T16:57:15+00:00

    I had hopes after running the trouble shooting program that I was on the way. It looked like I had completed downloading but it still refuses to install. The trouble shooter indicates some files missing but it claims to have fixed them but the next time I run the installer it still refuses to install. Sure enough the next time I try the trouble shooter it still reports files missing but claims to have fixed it.  It recommends in other places to reinstall windows buts I am reluctant to do so because I received windows 8 by download and it also indicates I will have to reinstall other programs which I received by download and have been updated by download.  I have also lost my earlier restore points using Microsoft diagnostic tools. It wiped out all of them. What a mess!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments