how to show all programs, windows 8

Anonymous
2012-12-31T02:49:07+00:00

ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs  

   I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator,  note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-10T19:33:25+00:00

    On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 19:13:07 +0000, ltlauinger wrote:

    I tried that and it didn't work. Had Windows 8 a couple years now and it is STILL unusable!!!! WORST interface ever!!!!

    It sounds like you perhaps don't realize that Windows 8 has two
    interfaces, not one; the Modern/Metro Interface (which may be all
    you've looked at) and the traditional Desktop Interface. You can use
    either one or both. That traditional  Desktop Interface is almost
    identical to Windows 7's interface; the biggest difference is that
    there is no Start Orb to click to bring up the Start menu.

    But note that you can get the Start Orb back by using one of several
    third-party programs, either free or very inexpensive (Classic Shell
    at  http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ and Start8 at
    http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/; my personal preference is
    Start8, but they are both very good). 
    And going from one interface to  the other is very easy; there are
    several ways, but simply pressing the Windows key is perhaps the
    easiest.  I use Windows 8, almost exclusively with the traditional
    desktop interface, and with Start 8 installed. If you were to look at
    and use my computer, you might have a hard time realizing that it's
    not Windows 7.
    I also recommend that you read "How to Make Windows 8 or 8.1 Look and
    Feel Like Windows 7" at http://www.howtogeek.com/elk/298/45121/4206

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-08T20:09:57+00:00

    Smooth

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-19T19:59:29+00:00

    Did not work by clicking in the middle of metro/start screen.  I don't have a touch screen.  I tried the big pad (I don't like because it messes up my typing many times) it didn't work either.  What's up with taking us back to word perfect with all the special key combinations.  Wordperfect lost favor to an easy word in the old days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-19T19:27:03+00:00

    I can't find the "all Apps".  Windows is unfriendly to me with 8.1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-06T03:01:46+00:00

    Why not take the trouble to read the question Properly.. or just go sleep in the corner and not clutter up cyberspace?

    This person deliberately inserted the words

    ". this programs had programs like accessories like calculator,  note pad, painter , ms word etc. "

    Now read your stupid answer and notice how your answer has\n't helped find those programs..

    If you were paid to answer that question, please give the money back.. you certainly didn't earn it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments