I spoke with a very nice gentleman in India and sent my Venue 8 Pro back to Dell to be fixed. Let's see how long it works for before it crashes again?
secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help
Hi,
Just wanna know how to fix this problem. My laptop is Asus A55VD
"Secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" and then it say press ok to enter setup....after enter, my brother accidently press to change the boost system and then it appear a lot of word that need CD or whatever. Now i've no idea how to get it fix, not even the setup i can reach.
This Secure boot violation happened after i've upgrading the windows which usually the window update pop up automatically for updating.
There's one important things is i haven't create a recovery disc....
Please help & thks.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-09-28T14:30:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-09-28T14:16:30+00:00 Looks like the Dell Updates are causing issues. My Venue 8 Pro died when I tried to install the chipset driver. Anyone contact Dell support yet? I can only boot by disabling secure boot.
-
Anonymous
2015-09-24T03:40:23+00:00 Same situation here. The link provided in the system does not help in any way with generating a Bitlocker key. I have the damn ID but no where to generate a key. Other than the pathetic bull **** of an excuse Microsoft is, does anyone know where the hell this damn key can be generated. My patience is wearing thin with this eF'en company.... utter bull ****!
My system has generated an Bitlocker ID but the link to generate a key has no useful info of what to do with it.
-
Anonymous
2015-09-24T00:08:23+00:00 My Dell Venue 8 was having an issue where it would not take commands, I would tap on a tile and a box would just show up around it. This has happened before and I powered it off and waited 10 minutes and powered it back on and everything was fine.
This is the first time that I have received the same message that you all have as well. I have no way to get into the bios or anything. When I try to power it back on I get the Dell Splash screen for about 2 seconds than this black screen with the red box telling me that there is a secure boot violation and there is an
I did find that holding the power and down volume key will bring you to BIOS but it says that I have no Keylocker options for recovery.
After 90 minutes on the phone with a technician from India and trying multiple other settings and work arounds it seems that it is just not going to work and they want to take it back and check it out and replace any parts that they need to. I will be without it for 7-10 business days.
-
Anonymous
2015-09-23T17:18:35+00:00 count me in with dell venue 8 pro running 8.1. installed bunch of updates last night and it said restarting but after minutes screen still didn't come back on. I touched power to see if sleeping and nothing. so held it to start and the screen popped up with the option to slide down to shut off and I accidentally did that and thought oh darn I maybe shut it down while it was still updating? Started up and got secure boot violation. changed bios to disable secure boot and it started. used restore to go back to before the updates and it worked. then tried to enable secure boot but still got violation error. disabled it, re-installed the updates and it booted. enabled secure boot and no go.