secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help

Anonymous
2013-01-29T13:20:13+00:00

Hi,

Just wanna know how to fix this problem. My laptop is Asus A55VD

"Secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" and then it say press ok to enter setup....after enter, my brother accidently press to change the boost system and then it appear a lot of word that need CD or whatever. Now i've no idea how to get it fix, not even the setup i can reach.

This Secure boot violation happened after i've upgrading the windows which usually the window update pop up automatically for updating.

There's one important things is i haven't create a recovery disc....

Please help & thks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-13T19:54:51+00:00

    Please don't listen to these people telling you to disable secure boot; this is used to stop malicious drivers or rootkits. If you're getting this error you need to figure out what caused it, not just turn off your security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-13T15:58:28+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T19:41:05+00:00

    I am experiencing this issue as well on a Venue 8 Pro.  Secure boot enabled = invalid signature, secure boot disables = prompt for bitlocker key.

    Searching for a way to re-generate the signature, but have not found one yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T23:32:02+00:00

    Experienced this with the Venue 8 Pro as well. Seems like I installed some optional win8.1 updates and after the 2nd reboot, secure boot is bricked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T19:37:00+00:00

    I have the same issue as Terri-Lyn.  Looking for someone to explain how to actually fix the issue so I don't have to enter my bitlocker recovery key every time I boot my Dell Venue 8 Pro.  If I re-enable boot security in the BIOS I continue to get the boot failure/red screen of insecurity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments