Windows Store - Error code 0x80073cf6

Anonymous
2013-04-01T08:01:07+00:00

I cannot install MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection from MS Store using Windows 8 PC. Getting error message "MS Mahjong cannot be installed error code 0x80073cf6". How do I resolve this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-29T06:28:25+00:00

If you want to download apps from the Windows Store, you’ll need to use a Microsoft account.

Switch a local account to Microsoft Account.

a) Press “Windows + I” to open settings option.

b) Select Change Pc settings.

c) Select User account.

d) On the right side, it will show your current account with a option that says “**Switch to a Microsoft account”.**e) Once you have setup your Microsoft account (this requires a Windows Live ID (Hotmail or MSN, Outlook.com). Enter the new email address and this will change the email address.

For more information on user account, refer to the articles.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Which user account is right for me?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/which-user-account-for-me

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/microsoft-account#1TC=t1

If you have further questions, please do post your query in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you.

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T21:08:56+00:00

Hi Brett,

Let’s place the computer in clean boot state and try to install the MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection.

To help troubleshoot error message, you can start Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please follow “**How to reset the computer to start as usual”**from the above article.

For more information, refer to the links.

**Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?******

What to do if you have problems with an app

Please update us with the results and we will be happy to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-29T06:10:45+00:00

    I cannot install MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection from MS Store using Windows 8 PC. Getting error message "MS Mahjong cannot be installed error code 0x80073cf6". How do I resolve this?

    I have the same problem. I figured out that these apps (minesweeper, mahjong, solitaire etc.) are all made by Microsoft. these apps can only be installed by using a mocrosoft account i.e. ending @outlook.com; @hotmail.com; live.com. Using account ending for example @gmail.com won't let you download Microsoft content from the app store. I noticed this by creating a second user account on my computer ending @hotmail.com.

    No problems downloading microsoft content using this account.

    Beside this I noticed that downloading other content than Microsoft from the appstore with my first useraccount is no problem at all ...........

    So, to my opinion the problem is the type of user account used to log in at the app-store and is not related to a technical problem inside the computer itself.

    however I didn't have any clue how to change my first useraccount to a mocrisoft accepted account. Till now, the option on internet (account.live.com) refuses to change the name at this moment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-25T12:53:30+00:00

    Hey Stephen (and of course thousands of other upset users), here's the scoop that I received from an MS tech support a few nights ago after many long and frustrating nights trying to get the apps (initially), and now also the Store app itself, working....

    Microsoft continues to push through updates, many of which are "new features" which they in their typical misguided fashion decide arbitrarily that we want. Unfortunately, in doing so, the computers which in many cases are a few years old (2 or more) are no longer capable of handling these "new features", which as a result "breaks" everything.

    In my case, I have a 4 year old HP laptop, which was running Windows 7. When the Windows 10 "upgrade" was offered, I naturally signed up to try it out and as part of the process checked my system using Microsoft's OWN compatibility checker, which told me that my system (although the model was not specifically tested by MS) should work fine with Windows 10 based on the hardware capabilities. The "new features" which I was forced to download on December 15th, apparently make my system NO LONGER compatible, so I've now lost many default features such as the calculator, and no ability to fix this, short of wiping my system and losing four years of accumulated files (as backup of 500Gb is not possible due to time and cost). I was told by the MS representative that basically my system was no longer viable with Windows 10...oh, so sorry, but just the way it is.

    The way I see this, Microsoft provided a product under specific terms and is now changing those terms arbitrarily after the fact, which in my opinion constitutes misleading marketing or possibly even fraud. The equivalent of what Microsoft is doing would be an individual buying a new car (with your own personal color and options choices). A few weeks later, the dealer comes by in the middle of the night and changes your car options and color completely (and also shorts the computer and electronics circuits in the process) assuming that "you'll like these MUCH better. They've broken your car and are accepting no responsibility for it!

    As far as I'm concerned, I've had enough of Microsofts **** (used it since DOS 1 and been seeing it go downhill since Windows 3.1). I'm now searching for a new system which I will install Linux and NEVER EVER look back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-30T19:31:21+00:00

    Help me can't download horizon 2 fix your dumb **** Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments