Windows Store - Error code 0x80073cf6

Anonymous
2013-04-01T08:01:07+00:00

I cannot install MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection from MS Store using Windows 8 PC. Getting error message "MS Mahjong cannot be installed error code 0x80073cf6". How do I resolve this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-29T06:28:25+00:00

If you want to download apps from the Windows Store, you’ll need to use a Microsoft account.

Switch a local account to Microsoft Account.

a) Press “Windows + I” to open settings option.

b) Select Change Pc settings.

c) Select User account.

d) On the right side, it will show your current account with a option that says “**Switch to a Microsoft account”.**e) Once you have setup your Microsoft account (this requires a Windows Live ID (Hotmail or MSN, Outlook.com). Enter the new email address and this will change the email address.

For more information on user account, refer to the articles.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-user-account

Which user account is right for me?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/which-user-account-for-me

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/microsoft-account#1TC=t1

If you have further questions, please do post your query in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you.

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T21:08:56+00:00

Hi Brett,

Let’s place the computer in clean boot state and try to install the MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper and MS solitaire collection.

To help troubleshoot error message, you can start Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please follow “**How to reset the computer to start as usual”**from the above article.

For more information, refer to the links.

**Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?******

What to do if you have problems with an app

Please update us with the results and we will be happy to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-16T15:13:44+00:00

    I guess there is no solution to this problem. Can we make Microsoft aware of this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-16T10:21:59+00:00

    So is there a solution to the problem? I can only surmise this started after a Windows update since nothing else changed on my computer. The games just stopped working and cannot be reinstalled without getting the error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-29T23:31:22+00:00

    This is obviously incorrect as I was using a gmail account to play these games before I had a problem with my system. I had to reinstall windows and when I tried to reinstall the games using the same account I previously purchased them with, I get the same error. And it's not isolated to Microsoft created games. And yes, it shows that I've purchased these games. It just won't install them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments