windows 8 stuck in endless preparing automatic repair

Anonymous
2013-01-06T20:25:17+00:00

Hi 

I recently bought a sony vaio laptop with windows 8 out of the box.

Now the system is not starting

it says preparing automatic repair for some time then a blank screen comes up for  while and then a screen comes up saying repair not completed...it automatically restarts and same thing continues in a loop

please help with this

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-11T20:09:54+00:00

    I found a different solution.

    New ASUS Vivobook. Upgraded to 8.1 Pro and enabled BitLocker. Rebooted upon command. Got stuck in the auto-repair loop until it finally refused to even get past the "Preparing Auto Repair" message.

    Turned off computer. While powering back on, I tapped F2 repeatedly until I got into the BIOS. Disabled Fast Boot and exited, saving changes.

    Rebooted to BitLocker prompt. Entered encryption password and booted normally.

    Will leave FastBoot off until encryption completes; then I'll test to see whether it needs to be left disabled permanently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-08T00:46:46+00:00

    thank you very much! I've had this computer broken for a year now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-13T07:02:57+00:00

    This way works for me: I go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Start up settings and then go to Safe Mode.. Then allow it to reboot for several times in my case 4 times just make sure to plug your device.. I think this is cause by incompatible windows update to my win8. Hope this solution helps if not then -_-

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-07T14:15:49+00:00

    this work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-09T23:07:56+00:00

    hi all,

    enountered the same problem myself and its to do with safe boot.

    using UEFI & secure boot.  does something funky with the boot sector and eventually killed the hard drive.  With UEFI enable and secure boot, you are unable to boot from any other device apart from a bootable USB pen drive.  I noticed when booting from CD, a post message in the top left had corner stating "media check" then "media check failed" would appear just before the toshiba boot splash screen.. it would then boot from the hard disk.

    Windows 8 was stuck  between :-

    trying to boot normally but failing to start

    &

    starting auto repair which loaded/completed but presented naaaahda, nothing.  no cursor, no mouse pointer, no welcome to windows auto repair.

    found no answers yet, new HDD it is

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments