RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-16T21:52:59+00:00

    Exact same problem I'm having.  It's alright for them to say go here and do this.  Most of us already have and this is a last resort.

    I have a Toshiba, windows 8.1 and for years now I cant connect a USB or Disc to use file History.

    So Frustrating.

    I've even paid Techs to do it and they can't work it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-16T18:03:28+00:00

    same problem with no history....I never could find a solution, so I just ignore it, as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-16T01:56:13+00:00

    I have the same problem and have for so long.  Does not matter what USB I use it always says, Cant use that drive.

    I also agree with all your comments above, should be able to connect to a normal drive.  Microsoft has a lot to answer for.  It crashed again on me Last week I've spent money trying to get it fixed they stuffed it up more.  I have now fixed it myself, just persistence and I do have some knowledge but It's all so confusing.  I suggest you use Google Chrome as a browser,  You will have to make a GMAIL account but if you look up Google Chrome it will prompt you thru these things.  Then you can add applications majority free from the chrome store.

    I do understand if this is your first computer even that can be daunting. If you could get someone to set it up for you all you have to do is remember the account name and password, 

    In relation to File history not connected,I think this is happening to many people and I have just ignored it now.

    My Toshiba came with Microsoft Windows.  Before that I had a Apple MAC.  When I buy my new laptop i'll be going with Mac again,  NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM THE WHOLE 9 Years of owning it and it was the first to be brought out.  They set up everything and you don't need to buy security.

    All the very best my friend,  Yes where are all the Technical advisers seems to be none.  Take care and Good luck

    Nicola

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-13T16:30:55+00:00

    I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments