Windows 8 - Zero key on numeric key pad doesn't work

Anonymous
2013-06-13T03:04:33+00:00

I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.

When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key. 

When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen.  It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Jan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-21T16:58:58+00:00

My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-19T16:29:15+00:00

    Try pressing Ctrl and Fn key and the Num lock key together. This should revert the keys back as normal.

    Let us know if this works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-05T13:00:02+00:00

    THANK YOU!!!!

    I suffered for weeks, then the problem miraculously disappeared, then it popped up again.

    That "Fn Lock" is an easy one to hit by accident, and with the only thing it seemed affect being the keypad zero key, it was impossible to figure out on my own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-25T04:40:30+00:00

    00000000000000

    Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T04:14:59+00:00

    I've never seen this undo menu you mention, maybe it's a special feature from Samsung.  In any case, it sounds like that keypress is being seen, so I agree with you that most likely the FN key is stuck (or there is some kind of FN-lock).  Let me ask though, when did this start?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments