I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".
I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.
Any help is appreciated!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it.
ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.
I hope that helps.
Very Helpful Thanks!!
It's bizarre this issue just started happening for me, I've had a Gigabyte motherboard with the "on/off" software installed for years and no issue until yesterday.
But I removed the software and problem solved!
Thanks Kay. This was the solution to my problem too.
This is in Windows 10! Used the suggestion: uninstall On/Off but then also had to go into Windows\system32 & manually delete AppleCharger.sys. Then was able to do Restart AND also solved my Windows 10 problem of never shutting down automatically. As of now all solved. Thanks/Regards,
I wonder how you could access any menu since the screen is all blue with no way to see anything