page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys) error

Anonymous
2012-10-28T08:17:49+00:00

Hi. After upgrading from win7 to win8 pro, i get this error/bsod every time i shutdown the pc: "page fault in nonpaged area (applecharger.sys)".

I do not believe it is a hardware thing as i have had no problems whatsoever with win7 and after upgrading to win8 i run a checkdisk on all drives. My main hdd is a ocz ssd and i have an hdd for backups! Also, i have updated all the drivers/bios for win8 for my gigabyte mobo (model Z68A-D3H-B3). I have seen on google there is a  lot of this problem going on, but without solutions yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-10-28T11:48:54+00:00

I fixed it on my computer. I uninstalled a program called ON/OFF and that fixed it. 

ON/OFF is a Gigabyte program that uses applecharger.sys for Apple connections.

I hope that helps.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-24T05:43:12+00:00

    Great stuff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-27T03:18:23+00:00

    Thank you sooo much!

    I was able to resolve the issue by going to Programs and Feature > and uninstalling the version of 'ON_OFF Charge' that I had.

    Than I went to the GIGABYTE drivers download page and installed the most current version (version: b15.0709.1) which now works and I can shutdown my PC with no issues! Note this software allows us to charge our Ipads/Iphones 40% faster. See this faq page

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-26T19:57:04+00:00

    Did as suggested.  Found two (2) applecharger refs in  autorun and deleted them (had to do it as an administrator).   Did the shutdown (several times so far) and no change.  When I try to restart I run into the same message "Page fault in non page area". 

    It is easier just to shut down and then restart. 

    By the way I have solved the endless start and restart problem. I got my computer to recognizes my CD/DVD drive.  I installed dataplex (don't know if it speeds thigns up yet) and corrected a few other problems.  The question - am I better off in Win 10 than in Win 7 64?  This has been fun??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-26T16:55:25+00:00
    1. Get Autoruns and run it.
    2. Look for two references to AppleCharger and delete them.
    3. Shutdown (and see BSOD for the last time).
    4. After computer reboots fully, try Sleep or Shutdown!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments