Hi,
To know the main cause of the issue, please verify the following:
- What is the version and build number of your operating system?
- You can check this by click Start, type winver then hit Enter.
- When did the issue start?
Regards.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.
I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"
So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:
Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)
Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
To know the main cause of the issue, please verify the following:
Regards.
I have the same problem with the same error code. I have removed windows essential & reinstalled didn't help. also tried to correct errors in windows live email. I have emails in my outbox but can't open windows live email to get to them. Also before that I couldn't send any emails. It didn't give me an error but it just didn't send them. Please help.
Very Frustrated
I have the same issue - spent hours and hours on the phone with support - no help - I delete and reinstall my email accounts they work for about an hour or so then stop syncing and get same error - <Microsoft has no idea how to resolve this now they want to charge me to resolve after 1st and 2nd tier spent so much time on it - glad to see I am not the only one - I am about to throw my Surface out and replace it with a Mac
I resolved it open windows live mail in administrator mode I hope it help you
I have the same problem as Matt and done all the same things to no avail. Any other suggestions?
Thank you
Hi Matt,
Thank you for getting back to us and we apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has brought you. For us to further investigate on your issue, we are requesting for Windows Live Mail log files. Kindly provide it on the private message we have created. To collect log files, follow the steps here.
Please click on You have a private reply to this message link just above your post to view the message. Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.
We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.