Error code :0x800C0155, 2 - Windows Live Mail 2011 will not open

Anonymous
2012-07-23T00:22:04+00:00

I just recently got ride of a trojan problem and everything was working perfect until this evening. Since I got rid of it I keep seeing a Run.DLL error popping up when I log in (something about "qxnuprzc.dll" is missing with nothing about it showing up in web searches) but everything else is in working order. Sometime around 3pm I had my Firefox browser open and was playing a game. When I closed the game firefox was gone, so I clicked the icon to open it back up but it gave me an error; something about it was being used by another program.

I did some searching and was able to delete a file within the AppData folder but it gave me a new problem. So I had to rework the profile directory for Firefox and create a new profile, delete the old one, and change the text in a ".INI" file to change the default profile and it's location. Now I got my browser working, but not before I went hunting for a solution using explorer 9, which had it's own problem forcing me to change the search engine-whatever to another one; default was "bing!"

So now I am looking at error code: 0x800C0155, 2 and I noticed as well that the gadget, Feed headlines 1.1.0.0, cannot find any headlines. That error code tells me this:

Windows Live Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Live Mail message store. Your WLM mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open WLM again. (0x800C0155, 2)

Same problem as before with firefox, I got a program using "my" programs and it's not something I am doing. I do have Norton but it has not updated today nor has it ever caused a problem. Repair does not work, nor does reinstalling.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-06T01:48:26+00:00

    Thank you Cesar,

    I completed all of the above steps and still have the same result. 

    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-05T05:25:03+00:00

    Hello Matt,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. I'm sorry to know that you're receiving the same error code as the first poster. Since you've already tried updating and running malware programs, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall Windows Live Mail to refresh your computer.

    To uninstall/reinstall Windows Live Mail, please follow the steps below:

    1. Perform **Windows Update**

    2. Uninstall Essentials by following the steps within this **link**.

    **3.******Delete the following files for a clean installation:

    For 32 bit

    C:\Program Files\Windows Live

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

    For 64 bit

    C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live

    C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Windows Live

    **4.******Disable firewall (Note that disabling the firewall makes your computer prone to virus attack. We suggest that you only visit the websites below and enable your firewall after installation is done).

    **5.******Reset browser to factory settings.

    **6.******Reinstall Windows Essentials:

    **Windows Essentials 2012******(for Windows 7 and Windows 8)

    **Windows Essentials 2011** (for Windows Vista and Windows 7)

    **Note:**Please read the system requirements before installing Windows Essentials 2012.

    Let us know the results afterwards.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-04T15:10:52+00:00

    My original problem was that I could not send email.

    In reading these forums and trying to solve the problem, I have created a new issue. I can no longer open my mail program. I started with Windows Live Mail 2011, and now have Windows Live Mail 2012, which will still not open. I get this message:

    I have just finished a current windows update, have run a malware program scan and am now ready try something else.

    I would appreciate any assistance with this that I can get.

    Thank You

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-16T04:29:11+00:00

    Hello Robert,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community forum!

    First of, please accept my apologies for not being able to respond to your query in a timely manner.

    I understand that you need help to be able to access your account using Windows Live Mail without any hindrances. Let me assist you on this matter and rest assured that I will endeavor to assist you as best as I can and hopefully we can get this issue fixed for you.

    In order for us to properly address your concern, kindly provide an answer to the following questions for further investigation:

    • Can you please try to access your account on a web browser just to see if you can successfully sign in there?
    • Did you make any changes to your account prior to this incident?
    • Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this page?

    We look forward for your response on this matter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-02T12:54:08+00:00

    I just got this message and am unable to open Windows Live Mail.  My wife's email account works OK, but mine is blocked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments