Why are some images on my computer distorted while it isn't on other computers?

Anonymous
2012-07-25T09:41:02+00:00

Image Example:http://images.wikia.com/smurfs/images/d/dd/Movie_Clumsy.png

This is one of the images that appears "distorted" on my computer screen. If by "distorted", I mean the colors are somewhat unnatural and leaked... kinda like a painting of some sort...

All of my computer equipments are working properly, and my screen doesn't show any distorted images except for some images like that given example on top.

I have also updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and even reinstall it just to make sure!

I am not so sure about this but... I think only PNG formats are distorted... but that is still unconfirmed...

Anyway, please help! Thank You!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T08:36:54+00:00

I have found out that my web provider is compressing images on the net for faster browsing.

And to view and download web images successfully, I have found an alternative.

I simply download a "User Agent Switcher" add-on for Firefox and switched to "Googlebot 2.1". After that all images that were wrong on the net went right.

I am only posting this in case some other people are also experiencing my problem.

Thank you to the following for their efforts:

Vinod N

James.Burgess

And thank you Dissed for putting the most efforts in posting!

Again, Thanks guys!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-03T09:15:59+00:00

    To me it looks like it's displaying a lower colour depth on those images.

    but as far as I know there isn't a way to change colour depth for a particular file type.

    seems very strange, are you grabbing the PNG images using a particular application? or do random PNG's from the net do the same thing?

    I am using IE9, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera to browse for images.

    I don't use any other programs to grab PNG images.

    It just so happens that this image is somehow displaying quite wrong on my PC but ok on other devices...

    I did download this image using another device, and it downloaded quite perfectly. And when I try to transfer it to my PC, it displayed correct.

    So my question now is why does this image download great on other PC and other devices, while my PC downloads it quite wrong?

    I did also noticed that the size of the downloaded image on my PC and the downloaded image on other devices is different.

    my PC = 96KB

    other devices = 229KB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-08-03T07:10:31+00:00

    To me it looks like it's displaying a lower colour depth on those images.

    but as far as I know there isn't a way to change colour depth for a particular file type.

    seems very strange, are you grabbing the PNG images using a particular application? or do random PNG's from the net do the same thing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-08-03T05:59:16+00:00

    Click your start button and click on System,

    What is your system score/ rating ?

    Click on Windows experience index link,

    Then Re-evaluate it.

    5.5 is the rating of my computer

    Component                   Details                                                                        Subscore

    Processor                      Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz            7.1

    Memory(RAM)                2.00GB                                                                            5.5

    Graphics                        NVIDIA GeForce GT 430                                              6.6

    Gaming Graphics        1783 MB Total available graphics memory              6.6

    Primary Hard Disk       89GB Free (200GB Total)                                            5.9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-08-03T05:30:30+00:00

    Click your start button and click on System,

    What is your system score/ rating ?

    Click on Windows experience index link,

    Then Re-evaluate it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments