Why are some images on my computer distorted while it isn't on other computers?

Anonymous
2012-07-25T09:41:02+00:00

Image Example:http://images.wikia.com/smurfs/images/d/dd/Movie_Clumsy.png

This is one of the images that appears "distorted" on my computer screen. If by "distorted", I mean the colors are somewhat unnatural and leaked... kinda like a painting of some sort...

All of my computer equipments are working properly, and my screen doesn't show any distorted images except for some images like that given example on top.

I have also updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and even reinstall it just to make sure!

I am not so sure about this but... I think only PNG formats are distorted... but that is still unconfirmed...

Anyway, please help! Thank You!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T08:36:54+00:00

I have found out that my web provider is compressing images on the net for faster browsing.

And to view and download web images successfully, I have found an alternative.

I simply download a "User Agent Switcher" add-on for Firefox and switched to "Googlebot 2.1". After that all images that were wrong on the net went right.

I am only posting this in case some other people are also experiencing my problem.

Thank you to the following for their efforts:

Vinod N

James.Burgess

And thank you Dissed for putting the most efforts in posting!

Again, Thanks guys!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-07-31T15:41:15+00:00

    Use the link in your original question,

    Right click the file that opens and click on Save picture as, leave the name or rename it so you can distinguish it from prior files.

    Find it, and right click it and Point at Open with, click on Paint,

    Click on the Blue file button and click on Save as, click on Jpeg file type.

    Confirm changes.

    Now open the jpeg file in wpv.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-07-31T13:52:15+00:00

    Did you download them and view them in windows photo viewer ?

    No, just viewed them...

    But now that you mentioned it, I tried them in Windows Photo Viewer just now.

    And even in Picasa, they still look great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-07-31T01:56:20+00:00

    Did you download them and view them in windows photo viewer ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-07-31T01:53:20+00:00

    See what a couple of these files end up being like,

    http://sdrv.ms/MOjaFI

    They all look great and sharp!

    No leaked colors!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments