Why are some images on my computer distorted while it isn't on other computers?

Anonymous
2012-07-25T09:41:02+00:00

Image Example:http://images.wikia.com/smurfs/images/d/dd/Movie_Clumsy.png

This is one of the images that appears "distorted" on my computer screen. If by "distorted", I mean the colors are somewhat unnatural and leaked... kinda like a painting of some sort...

All of my computer equipments are working properly, and my screen doesn't show any distorted images except for some images like that given example on top.

I have also updated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version and even reinstall it just to make sure!

I am not so sure about this but... I think only PNG formats are distorted... but that is still unconfirmed...

Anyway, please help! Thank You!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T08:36:54+00:00

I have found out that my web provider is compressing images on the net for faster browsing.

And to view and download web images successfully, I have found an alternative.

I simply download a "User Agent Switcher" add-on for Firefox and switched to "Googlebot 2.1". After that all images that were wrong on the net went right.

I am only posting this in case some other people are also experiencing my problem.

Thank you to the following for their efforts:

Vinod N

James.Burgess

And thank you Dissed for putting the most efforts in posting!

Again, Thanks guys!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-07-29T01:10:08+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-07-28T15:27:00+00:00

    Can you see those unnatural leaked colors?

    Please kindly explain what causes this to happen?

    And what should I do to cure it?

    Thanks a lot Dissed!

    Double check the process again because nothing is shown in your post ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-07-28T15:18:52+00:00

    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pYSo4hV3bDXAJzkoNDZ59\_50Gk\_FYJhNrcXqJSV7kGc6zh3\_1-zTDioESbX-rB8IzY0SYq0vm6sPV1\_2fifPh\_A/Unnatural%20Color.bmp?psid=1

    For so some reason though, the image is not displaying... so I just posted the link...

    Anyway,

    Can you see those unnatural leaked colors?

    Please kindly explain what causes this to happen?

    And what should I do to cure it?

    Thanks a lot Dissed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-07-28T14:13:19+00:00

    If you have hotmail address you already have access to skydrive, with the same hotmail.com and password,

    Refer to this thread on how to make a public folder and submit screen shot here,

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/suggest/how-to-insert-an-image-into-a-post-at-answers/bdae0306-c3cb-4d31-ace9-7281ea1a8a73

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments