Windows 8 Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting

Anonymous
2012-11-06T07:06:03+00:00

Hi

I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro couple of weeks before when windows released. After the upgrade the explorer.exe getting restarted every 1 minute. I thought the upgrade was not fine and did a clean install afterwards.. Everything was fine for two weeks and then today

the same problem happened

The explorer is getting restarted and it is no annoying that i cannot use my thinkpad

Please find the error log in found in event viewer

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50107dbc

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405

Exception code: 0xc000071f

Fault offset: 0x000000000011808f

Faulting process ID: 0xf00

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdbbec7ad21138

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: ddf2f77e-27df-11e2-be75-685d432e670f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-23T09:38:21+00:00

    Hi Joseph,

    Thank you for sharing the resolution with us. This might definitely help other users who are experiencing the same issue.

    Your efforts to resolve this issue is very much appreciated. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-23T02:00:56+00:00

    I joined this community only to answer this question because I had the same issue which I was able to resolve.

    Disable Dropbox, google drive and iclould anything. (startup and any running programs).

    Done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T00:37:12+00:00

    Hi,

    This thread is old. To avoid confusion, we would suggest you to create a thread of your own with specific issue.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

    However, you may refer to the link and check.

    Error: Windows Explorer has stopped working

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2694911

    Important: While performing scan on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when scanning tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

    Note: Do not perform In-Place Upgrade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-03T06:35:34+00:00

    Hi,

     

    It appears that the issue has been taken care by an automatic updates.

     

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Despite me installing all of the Windows 8 updates, I am still having the same problem where Windows 8 Explorer will reboot itself every 5 minutes or so.  It seems that it'll reboot more often if I am in a folder with lots of items.

    Help!  This is incredibly frustrating and annoying.  I wasn't having this problem with Windows 7, and I really wish I hadn't upgraded now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-27T08:17:21+00:00

    Hi,

    It appears that the issue has been taken care by an automatic updates.

    Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments