Windows 8 Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting

Anonymous
2012-11-06T07:06:03+00:00

Hi

I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro couple of weeks before when windows released. After the upgrade the explorer.exe getting restarted every 1 minute. I thought the upgrade was not fine and did a clean install afterwards.. Everything was fine for two weeks and then today

the same problem happened

The explorer is getting restarted and it is no annoying that i cannot use my thinkpad

Please find the error log in found in event viewer

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50107dbc

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405

Exception code: 0xc000071f

Fault offset: 0x000000000011808f

Faulting process ID: 0xf00

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdbbec7ad21138

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: ddf2f77e-27df-11e2-be75-685d432e670f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-28T02:31:36+00:00

    Are you out of your mind?!!

    Why the heck should anyone need to go through all that ****? If you would have done it right in the first place I wouldn't have a reason to be looking at this!!

    I have rely tried to stick with Explorer But with most every issue I have come up with seems to be related to just that!! Your "Explorer" It seems to me Explorer doesn't play well with anyone!!!

    It may for a brief period but it never lasts!!!!!!

    I may revert when 10 is installed but if it is anything like your past & present Explorer's you can stuff it!!

    But we shall see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments