Windows 8 Explorer.exe keeps crashing and restarting

Anonymous
2012-11-06T07:06:03+00:00

Hi

I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro couple of weeks before when windows released. After the upgrade the explorer.exe getting restarted every 1 minute. I thought the upgrade was not fine and did a clean install afterwards.. Everything was fine for two weeks and then today

the same problem happened

The explorer is getting restarted and it is no annoying that i cannot use my thinkpad

Please find the error log in found in event viewer

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x50107dbc

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405

Exception code: 0xc000071f

Fault offset: 0x000000000011808f

Faulting process ID: 0xf00

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdbbec7ad21138

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: ddf2f77e-27df-11e2-be75-685d432e670f

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-18T01:54:10+00:00

    Thank you for asking AnandDebnath ...... I have saved my windows 8 key and now i had reinstalled wi dows 7 on my pc..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-17T18:49:00+00:00

    hey Sry for late reply.... so did u  fix the problem or nt yet ?  if so kindly let me knw so i can fix it ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-21T16:25:24+00:00

    Hi

    I just bought the product key for windows 8. I also have same problem as Sankaranand had but my windows explorer does not restart every minute but it restarts when in open system properties. Idid every step you told Sankaranand to do but the problem still presists. Please help me solve this problem. If you want you can take my PC on Team Viewer as Remote Controll

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-07T06:47:46+00:00

    I did.  I had 8 and downloaded and installed the free 8.1 upgrade that was available through the Microsoft Store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-05T05:07:38+00:00

    Did u update windows 8 before this problem happening ...if so let me know .. may b i can help you....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments