Where is "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool"?

Anonymous
2012-09-04T00:38:56+00:00

All the instructions I receive tell me to go to the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool", but when I click on the link, all it does is take me to forums and lists.  Is there actually a "tool" that exists on this site, and if so, why doesn't clicking on the hyperlink take me there.  I'm trying to figure out why my Wireless USB Adapter will not connect.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-07T15:04:07+00:00

    Apparently it was gone for good, check this post on the TechNet forum about Internet Explorer: Microsoft Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool missing.  There we find the following answer:

    This tool seems to has been removed from this link. As for as I know, Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool isn't supported on Windows 7. A disclaimer on the tool's home page states it "won't produce accurate results" if run on anything other than Windows XP or Windows Vista PCs. Thank you for your understanding.

    Regards,


    Vincent Wang

    TechNet Community Support

    It is curious that Microsoft didn't update the help topic offering a link to a page that no longer works with Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-03T23:32:41+00:00

    It's remarkable how often someone asks a simple question and gets nothing but dancing around the question and no direct answer.

     

    Let's try one more time just for the sake of completion: where is "Internet Connectivity Tool"?  Does it still exist - yes or no?

     

    Please and Thank You!

    You are not addressing Microsoft but individual users like yourself that do not have all the answers.

    As far as I know, it is no longer available and will not be made available in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-23T02:24:41+00:00

    Indeed! I found that link in more than a forum, all referencing the tool. With much disappointment I found myself redirected to the Windows 8 home page as if nothing else counted. Curious, I went to see how many of my archived favourites are now ready for the trashcan and, alas, the good old microsoft redirect ids no longer work.

    I am not surprised after all. How many times have you followed a "find more details about the error" link from a windows error message only to get to a 404 or "Sorry, this is not the error you are looking for" MS web page?

    Ball...mers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-22T03:12:45+00:00

    . . . these links do not locate the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool" @ Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-11-11T13:54:10+00:00

    I agree with greg-g you can automate the process of link changes and with a bit of dumb AI do it quickly.  Why not!  We love using the tools which can save us time.

    You hve some gre3at ones-  so make them available.

    renewable staff

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments