Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.

Anonymous
2012-11-17T16:09:36+00:00

Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-08T20:51:46+00:00

    Performed all these steps to no avail.  Bought full version of 8.1 and installed fresh without CorelDraw X3.  Everything's fine now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-04T16:02:17+00:00

    I have 100% same symptoms on my 5 different W8.1 units. I´m using OSD imagining in lab enviroment, so I have few Computers with 8.1 installed. I ran MS diagnostic posted here before, and only possible reason it gave - missin MSN account. I don´t think accessing PC Settings has something to do with MSN account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-08T11:47:30+00:00

    Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open

     and I put my pc in Safe mode

    and now I cant do any thing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-10T00:59:14+00:00

    I just tried this, as well, and also was not able to open the app store as I have been having issues with nothing showing up on my start screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-08-25T04:34:14+00:00

    Thanks Nathan. It helped me to use my favorite antivirus again! 

    You're welcome Malintha. I'm glad i was able to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments