Error: Power Surge On Hub Port: A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port

Anonymous
2012-07-25T15:53:28+00:00

Original Title:USB DEVICS EXCEEDED THE POWER LIMITS OF ITS HUB....POWER SURGE

THE USB DEVICS HAS EXCEEDED THE POWER LIMITS OF ITS HUB....POWER SURGE....this is what the error message that was displayed everytime i put my pendrive...so i did something ,the error message stopped but cant use any pendrive...

when i put a pendrive,getting notifications at some ports...but explorer not opening the device..:(:(..Please help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-07-28T17:36:08+00:00

Hi,

The error also means that there isn't enought power in the USB port where the device is plugged-in. I would suggest connecting the device to another USB port or use a USB hub that supplies it’s own power.

Check if it helps.

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-12-09T20:46:52+00:00

Update:

What I had to do was uninstall all USB controllers, restart my computer and then go back to Device Manager and set all my Generic USB ports and USB Root Hub controllers to disallow the computer to turn off the devices to save power by unchecking all four boxes so the message should not appear again. You can complete the latter step by right clicking on all the Generic USB ports and USB Root Hub ports, clicking on properties, clicking on the Power Management tab, and unchecking the box that says "allow this computer to turn off the device to save power". Please note that you will have to uncheck the box for each Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub port individually to ensure that the message does not return. You may also go to Regedit and follow this path: HKEY_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/USBCCGP+USBHUB. Under both USBCCGP and USBHUB: Right click and click on New, on the new menu click on DWORD and a New Value field should appear. Now type in this new value field: DisableSelectiveSuspend and hit enter. Finally, click on the newly created DisableSelectiveSuspend field and click Modify; in the Value data box type 1 and press okay. Complete all steps for both USBCCGP and USBHUB.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T12:21:58+00:00

    Dear Công Ty Cứu Dữ Liệu Trần Sang I did that and now non of my usb devices work !!!

    Thanks a lot Jerk !!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-05T09:10:27+00:00

    Hello,

            I know this question was brought up quite a bit of time ago but I have been having the same problems. I have tried everything I can but it still wont work. My laptop is a Lenovo idea pad 500GB windows 8 and All I want to be able to plug in is my headset and my wireless mouse that is it and it wont work. I have tried doing what you said and the thing pops up saying something like power surge on usb port. I don't know If this makes any difference but I move to different wireless networks daily and I also I have portforwarded both of them so I can make a minecraft server

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-15T07:13:23+00:00

    Hello i have the same problem .

    i did the unistall usb method. but nothing ...

    i had 4 usb ports on my computer lenovo g570

    but now not even one is working. on the device manage there is

    2 usb root hubs

    and intel 6 series c200 series chipset family usb enhanced host controller 1-c26

    intel 6 series c200 series chipset family usb enhanced host controller 1-c2d

    what should i do?

    please help!

    i have windows 7 Ultimate. 64bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments