Blue Screen problem ref ntfs.sys

Anonymous
2012-01-09T09:37:52+00:00

This is the info on the blue screen yesterday:

BSOD Jan 8 2012

STOP:0*00000050 (0*B3553490,0*00000001,0*B7E23D4F,0*00000000)

ntfs.sys – Address B7E23D4F base at B7DFE000, DateStamp 48025 (Note that due to camera work, there may be other numbers after 48025).

Help appreciated

Peter Matthews

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-13T16:40:27+00:00

Hi,

I understand the hospital as I was in the emergency room twice on 12/30 and 12/31

myself, no fun.

Please ask in the Answers Windows XP Forums where there as experts who specialize

in XP.

Answers - Windows XP forums

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Also please provide all the information they need to help them help you.

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-02-02T16:21:20+00:00

    Comments re WD noted.

    My latest BSOD a few minutes ago:

    The problem seems to be caused by the following file: fltmgr.sys

    PAGE  FAULT IN  NON PAGED AREA

    *** STOP: 0*00000050 (0*8B7EBB34, 0*00000001, 0*B7EFA76D, 0*00000000)

    ***    fltMgr.sys - Address B7EFA76D base at B7EF9000, DateStamp   480251da

    Regret that BlueScreenView still does not show any minidump files. I located NirSoft help file which took me to Startup and Recovery and confirmed that everything was as required except that the Default Operating System under Startup in my case was blank whereas the NirSoft graphic showed as :

    ![](http://blog.nirsoft.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/set_minidump2.png)

    Is the fact that mine is blank relevant?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-31T14:16:29+00:00

    Peter

    I do not know exactly the function the software performs but this post suggests uninstalling is not life threatening!

    "This has been a problem for months now. I finally uninstalled all the WD software. I keep checking back in here to see if there's a fix, but so far nothing seems to work. When I got the WD emails about buying for Christmas, I laughed and bought two Seagate disks for my family for Christmas. I won't buy another WD disk until this issue has been resolved."

    Source: http://community.wdc.com/t5/New-to-WD-Community/Where-Do-I-Post-My-Ideas/td-p/122260

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-01-31T11:10:17+00:00

    WDFME.exe  = WD File Management Engine is evidently causing a lot of problems.

    I presume the only thing I can do is temporarily uninstall to see how much the sluggishness improves.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-30T00:12:00+00:00

    Peter

    WDFME.exe  = WD File Management Engine

    Known unresolved problem:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22WDFME.exe+%22&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images

    I have never heard of let alone used KIWI application monitor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments