Blue Screen problem ref ntfs.sys

Anonymous
2012-01-09T09:37:52+00:00

This is the info on the blue screen yesterday:

BSOD Jan 8 2012

STOP:0*00000050 (0*B3553490,0*00000001,0*B7E23D4F,0*00000000)

ntfs.sys – Address B7E23D4F base at B7DFE000, DateStamp 48025 (Note that due to camera work, there may be other numbers after 48025).

Help appreciated

Peter Matthews

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-13T16:40:27+00:00

Hi,

I understand the hospital as I was in the emergency room twice on 12/30 and 12/31

myself, no fun.

Please ask in the Answers Windows XP Forums where there as experts who specialize

in XP.

Answers - Windows XP forums

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Also please provide all the information they need to help them help you.

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-29T23:56:43+00:00

    The Commit Charge relate to memory. CPU usage is a different resource.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-29T20:54:58+00:00

    I note also on the Task Manager that  WDFME.exe is using a lot of CPU, 59 to 70. Looking on the web there is a lot of criticism of WD regarding this even despite complainants updating and it seems the company are looking into this. However we need backup.

    Tell me your opinion of KIWI application monitor please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-01-29T20:24:06+00:00

    Please enlighten this sluggish guy on his sluggish computer. Does "unwanted CPU usage" partially equate with unrequired start up items? As of now I have obviously started up and in Task Manager I have a CPU Usage of 100% with 63 Processes going on. This usage varies from approx 50% to 100% but usually in the High 90s. Doesn't really mean a thing to me in the same way that Commit Charge doesn't. It is intriguing, though there is enough of that in Photoshop and Painter 9.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-29T12:36:00+00:00

    Peter

    If you had unticked something you should not have unticked you would have seen an error result.

    " I don't really need them at Start up if I can load them when I do need them." You have the right approach.

    ***"Is there a difference in meaning between "unticking" and "terminating?" To me, to untick means to only load the item when required; to terminate means to uninstall."***Your understanding is correct. ****

    You could determine by allowing one to load in turn on start up,which one, it could be more than one, was responsible for the unwanted CPU usage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments