Tks for stating the issue
I'm having the same problem
If you tried all their suggestions what next?
Or maybe they want us to go to Apple
If there is a "real" solutions let us know
Been working on upgrade issues for days
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My pc is functioning as it should, except that updates KB 2770917, KB2737084, KB2761226, KB2769034, KB2769165 and KB2727528 will not install, despite numerous attempts and running the troubleshooter.
Previous updates have installed without problem.
I have tried disabling the NLS service but this has not helped.
I have tried fully uninstalling the only recently added software but the updates would still not install.
I have disabled the firewall in my antivirus software.
My Windows 8 was installed from disc as an upgrade to Windows 7
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tks for stating the issue
I'm having the same problem
If you tried all their suggestions what next?
Or maybe they want us to go to Apple
If there is a "real" solutions let us know
Been working on upgrade issues for days
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think they would work, but I should be fine. I've deactivated those that I can, and I'm sure I'll be fine with any other programs that need to be registered. Even if it means contacting support.
I've just refreshed, and have managed to install the updates. I'll be sure to set a restore point once everything is running smoothly again.
Dear Glenn-Thomas,
I assume the registry is wiped during the 'Refresh your PC' process as this is a likely source of corruption and hence why you might choose this option. Just checked my registry and I cannot see entries for programs I didn't re-install after I performed the 'Refreshing your PC' process.
Thus you may need to re-enter license keys for programs you want to re-install if you go for this solution. I definitely had to re-enter my license key for Microsoft Office. It will depend on where the program stores it's license key.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Dr Nick
I just ran into this problem this evening. I am running Windows 8 through Parallels on a Mac i7 machine. One of the clues below about launching msconfig and disabling the non-microsoft services led me to the culprit. No updates would download. There were two Parallels services: Parallels Coherance Service and Parallels Tools Service. They were both running. I simply stopped both services, and now the updates can be downloaded.
I suspect there may still be some bugs with Parallels, but overall it's a fine solution. Hope this helps someone!
As I said above, I tried the clean boot option and also the nls option, without success.
Microsoft technical support tried every other option that they knew.
The only solution that worked was a reinstall of Windows 8 and that is what everyone with this download problem should do. It will save a lot of time and frustration and other programmes and files need not be affected. Of course, this is only if you have an installation disc or have made one from the upgrade download,