OK first of all, Mr. Micro$oft MVP Ken Blake, I'm sure it's not as difficult for YOU to get YOUR Window$ 8 operating system to update as it sounds like you're a "member of the team" so to speak. As for all of us "other Window$ 8 users", those of us like me that have at least a little computer knowledge have been lucky enough (so far) to finally get it to work, albeit with quite a bit of troubleshooting. What about people who buy a new PC with the expectation of simply being able to plug it in & USE it? Those folks are S.O.L. pure & simple. A bunch of friends & family got together and purchased my Window$ 8 notebook for me, if that gives you an idea of the financial bracket they & I are in. They did this for me so I could communicate with all of them while I was in the hospital being treated for mantle cell lymphoma. Again, I'm lucky to have the knowledge to figure out why it wouldn't update, I had to try a few different remedies until I hit the right one. What about someone like Scott 456456 that obviously still has trouble? Your rude response to him seems to say "we got your money, who cares if it doesn't work". The problem he's describing occurred with me in NOVEMBER of 2012! Do you mean to tell me that Micro$oft has NOT fixed that worthless update YET? Do you corporate **** actually ENJOY taking advantage of people?
Windows 8 updates won't install
My pc is functioning as it should, except that updates KB 2770917, KB2737084, KB2761226, KB2769034, KB2769165 and KB2727528 will not install, despite numerous attempts and running the troubleshooter.
Previous updates have installed without problem.
I have tried disabling the NLS service but this has not helped.
I have tried fully uninstalling the only recently added software but the updates would still not install.
I have disabled the firewall in my antivirus software.
My Windows 8 was installed from disc as an upgrade to Windows 7
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
59 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2014-09-03T06:03:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-07-23T23:39:22+00:00 I found my problem!
It has nothing to do with all this windows update troubleshooting or clean boot.
I had 30 updates to install. if i clicked all, they would all download but would stay at 0% indefinitely. when i went to do it manually, i noticed that when i click on certain updates, some said "READ FOR INSTALL" and some said "READY FOR DOWNLOAD". i noticed the ready for download ones were more recent updates, which means you have to install the oldest updates first in order from oldest to newest. its a really crappy way to do it! thanks windows for failing us again.
-
Anonymous
2013-07-12T18:05:36+00:00 Thanks dude, Thins this works for me :D
Good day to you!