thanks
Help with High Def Audio Driver and Win 8
I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info. Now I dont have any sound.
Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed. I deleted the one that was there and rebooted. Still wont work! I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet. It was working under Vista and Win 7..
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dave
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-05-16T21:57:36+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-05-16T21:33:58+00:00 You're welcome for the help. I hope that keeps working for you.
You have a great weekend!
-
Anonymous
2014-05-16T19:46:07+00:00 After a few boots, I disabled the Nvidia HDA and uninstalled (did not delete files) the Realtek and CMI drivers, booted and had sound. I had to re-direct to the default sound but. It's working and I booted again just to be sure. I HOPE this puppy is put to bed.
Hava good weekend?? ;-)
Thanks a lot - I learned some stuff. I never knew about the VEN codes, but I did a search and did find: http://www.pcidatabase.com/ I put the codes in and presto, Nvidia.
Guessing there were some conflicts in there some where.
Thanks very much.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-16T15:22:41+00:00 :-( - No sound.
I had device manager up when installing the display driver this morning. The previous warning for HDA changed to NVidia HDA and the warning disappeared at the end of the display driver install. All 3 devices were happy at that point. While the install did not require a restart, I did anyway and at that point, lost everything.
There was a Microsoft update yesterday, I allowed the install and rebooted. Sound still worked afterward.
-
Anonymous
2014-05-15T22:34:27+00:00 The Hardware Ids tend to indicate this as an NVIDIA HD sound device which is a component of the display adapter.
The display driver should install the sound driver so you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the display driver choosing also to install the audio driver:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75453/en-us