In the Device Manager can you right-click each sound device and select "Uninstall" and then uninstall each device.
Restart the computer and let Windows redetect the devices.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info. Now I dont have any sound.
Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed. I deleted the one that was there and rebooted. Still wont work! I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet. It was working under Vista and Win 7..
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dave
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
In the Device Manager can you right-click each sound device and select "Uninstall" and then uninstall each device.
Restart the computer and let Windows redetect the devices.
Append to reply a few minutes ago. (anticipating your next question..??)
Hi ELOHMcDonald,
Can you check the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?
If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?
Hi seetapathipathi,
That appears to be "Intel HDMI Audio Chip":
http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=2807&device_search=Search
This audio driver should be included with the Intel graphics driver.
If you have a matching device try the following driver:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714
Alternatively try the following utility from Intel to check for driver updates:
Also, in the Device Manager can you right-click the high definition audio device > Properties > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".
What is listed under "Value"?