I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T23:23:19+00:00

    LC, I did try two system restores a few days back and that didn't help the problem any.  The only printing (internet based) I tried was printing email.  Never tried printing from another site but will try that tomorrow morning.  Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T22:22:17+00:00

    I'm sorry, when I wrote "WEB address", I thought "WWW address" of your web mail.

    Just for an explanation:

    When you run the "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)", then always all add-ons are disabled - and no matter what is written in the add-ons window.

    Note - "add-ons window" is used only when you run the Internet Explorer in the "Normal mode".

    So If you write - .... always worked fine with the computer up until a week ago....., then you can try to run "System Restore":

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-System-Restore

    and the date choose, when your computer worked OK.

    Did you try to print something from another site? Can you write here the site (WWW address), which has the problem with printing ?

    LC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T16:23:25+00:00

    I guess when it says IE (no add-ons) on the menu, it must mean there are some disabled but not all.  Even though it says no add-ons, when I enabled the flash player, I could see the missing objects on sites.   So as of now I'm assuming all the enabled add-ons are running with the exception of the few that are disabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T15:55:37+00:00

    I'm going to have to enable the Shockwave or all the add-ons.  Since doing that, I cannot see some things on web sites.  Keeps telling me I need Adobe Flash player to view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T15:38:28+00:00

    OK, I disabled the Shockwave Flash and restarted the PC.  Tried to print an email and the print screen came up but just before the printer starts the spooler stops.  Went to safe start and here is what's always in the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS window after the spooler stops.

    Lock symbol - FP 00000.SHD

    Lock symbol - FP 00000 Shockwave Flash

    PP dno5ck44hopo86mocugrgn 2pd.TMP

    PP 9x09u25k_mok60adba39ug7_d. TMP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments