Blue Screen! Asus Laptop Windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2010-11-22T23:38:09+00:00

I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit.  It blue screens every once in a while.  I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program.  It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-06T11:06:39+00:00

    "Unable to install Windows 7 on BRAND NEW Asus X540s laptop-BSOD Error"

    >

    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3080211/unable-install-windows-brand-asus-x540s-laptop-bsod-error.html

    >

    "There was a setting in BIOS called I/O Security and in there was Card Reader Interface. I switched from Unlock to Lock and to my amazement, no BSOD!! "

    "3- in i/o security disable the sd card (makes blue screen for unknown reason)"

    >

    I have a same Asus X540SA-XX492T notebook with the same problem: when installing windows 7 64 bit or windows 10 64 bit (with installing windows 7 32 bit no problem, only using 2 Gb memory from 4 Gb, but this is not good using 2 Gb intead of 4 Gb, if there is 4 Gb in the notebook).

    I will try it today to install windows 10 64 bit, before it i will disable in BIOS i/o security (Unlock to Lock).

    I hope this will be the final proper solution after 3 days of trying everything.

    And finally this is a small setting to solve a big problem?!

    Why asus put an sd card reader into the notebbok, we will never use it!

    Or it is the problem of the windows 7 or 10 64 bit?

    No matter, just be good!

    I hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-11-23T16:16:07+00:00

    If it is installed on your machine, Uninstall Asus Automatic Update!

    HTH


    If I brought you Joy, cast your Vote! If I answered your question, click, Propose As Answer! >WT<

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-02-14T13:32:31+00:00

    remove/uninstall  "power4gear" or (power gear hybrid) from your laptop

    Let windows 7 to manage the power (don't use the high performance mode)

    That's ALL

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-11-23T14:42:19+00:00

    Hi Ayungwi,

    ·        Since when are you facing this issue?

    ·        Did you make any changes to the computer before the issue started?

    I would suggest you to disable Automatic Restart on system failure and try to make note of the error message and reply back with the exact error message you receive on the blue screen. Once we have the exact error message we will be in a better position to determine the exact nature of the issue and fix it.

    Follow the steps below to disable Automatic restart on system failure:

    a. Click on Start.

    b. Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose System from the list of results.

    Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step d.

    c. Click on the System link.

    d. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

    e. Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

    f. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to automatically restart.

    g. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

    h. Click OK in the System Properties window.

    You can now close the System window.

    From now on, when the computer shuts down the PC will not automatically reboot and you will receive the error message, make a note of it and post it back.

    Alsoyou may open event viewer and check if there are any other significant error messages/codes. Refer the link below for more details:

    What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

    You may also access the link and follow the steps to troubleshoot some if the common bluescreen errors on the computer.

    Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7 

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

    Hope this helps and postback with the required information.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Srinivas R

    Microsoft Support.

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-11-23T17:14:20+00:00

    Srinivas R,

    This has been happening since very soon after I bought this computer.  I don't remember exactly how soon it started; I would say within the first week.  I probably installed iTunes, Microsoft Office, Firefox, and my printer software either before this started happening or shortly thereafter.

    I looked and the automatic restart was already disabled.

    I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for in the event viewer.  There are a lot of error messages.

    I went into system restore and it didn't find any affected programs or drivers.

    I have scheduled memory and hard disc checks for the next time I reboot my computer.

    I will post the error message the next time the computer blue screens.

    Thanks,

    Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments