Getting blue screen error with "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error" message

Anonymous
2011-07-30T18:50:18+00:00

Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,

My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.

I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF

My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Please help me fix this!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-04T12:14:15+00:00

    Nicholas

    One of your dumpfiles shows two drivers loaded "asio.sys" and "asup10.sys". These are Asus drivers whereas you say you have an Acer computer. What is your computer model?

    Have you run a check for malware?

    Boot the computer to safe mode with networking and download and install Malwarebytes (freeware version for home users only), update definitions and run in safe mode. Disable other security software whilst you are doing scans.

    http://www.precisesecurity.com/how-to/ht-smodewnet.htm

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

    Download and run SuperAntiSpyware (Free Edition)

    http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

    I'm getting a similar video scheduler error with a new computer with windows 10 on an Asus laptop. In addition the computer  makes a loud vibrating noise until it shuts down after about 15 seconds. What is causing this and is it a big problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments