My laptop times out too quickly and goes into screen saver mode.

Anonymous
2011-05-15T19:50:33+00:00

How do I change my time -out screen saver control. It seems like one minute and then the screen goes black, then screen saver pictures begin. It's very controling and irritating. Usually if I press a button on the keyboard it will come back, but not always. Please advise.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-16T13:44:16+00:00

Hi

1.       Was it working fine earlier, if yes then do remember making changes to your computer recently?

Follow these steps to change the settings for screensaver timeout:

a.       Right-click on your desktop and select "Personalize" from the menu that appears.

b.      Click on "Screen Saver" in the Personalization menu.

c.       Use the up and down arrow keys beside the "Wait" box to select the number of minutes you want the computer to wait before it activates the screensaver. You can also type the number of minutes directly into the box.

d.      Click "OK" to finalize your settings.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-31T23:03:08+00:00

    This answer is out of date.  There is no "screen saver" link in the personalize menu only a "screen lock" and that does not seem to affect how long it takes for the screen saver to come on when the computer is plugged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-20T22:40:26+00:00

    I've done this and the computer still only waits 3 or 4 minutes to turn off/go into sleep mode. It's frustrating...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T12:24:52+00:00

    I am using windows 10 and when I right click I do not get a menu to choose from as you described ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-19T12:15:06+00:00

    Thank you this worked perfectly.

    This was so irritating, of course I discovered, on following instructions it was on 1 minute! No wonder.

    CB-POPS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments