original title: Another sad story of the dreaded BSOD... error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ... Please advise as to best approach to remedy problem~
I guess it would be almost two weeks ago now that my wifes laptop first had the error (tech info line is as follows):
iaStor.sys - Address FFFFF8800110BF2B base at FFFFF880010C1000, DateStamp 4a287aa4.
The Laptop is a year old and has had no problems previously. I dont know all the specs but its an ASUS with an Intel Centrino and running Windows 7 OS.
Here's what I have done so far:
- I tried to boot system in all SAFE modes ... no joy... same error~
- I booted system with recovery CD and tried to to perform a restore from previous resore points (tried 3 previous dates so far) ... no joy ... same error~
- (after reading previous posts of others with simular problems) I booted system with recovery/driver cd and renamed existing iaStor.sys to iaStor1.sys and, then copied iaStor.sys file from recovery/driver cd ... no joy... same error~
- Submitting to my level of ignorance, I told my wife to take it Best Buy and have the Geek Squad Fix it... Knowing that she had purchased the extended warranty(costing $220), I thought it would certainly be covered! She reports them saying its not
a harware problem, its a driver problem and it will cost $140 for them to fix it! She went on to tell me if we didnt have the warranty, the Geeks would chage $240, so we should feel better about that! lmao!!! we cant afford either ammount! Well the Geek in
question may well be very computer savy but he is and idiot in securing company software as he left his diagnostic disk in my laptop. Lucky for him, I am an honest man and I wont go and sell Geek Squad software on the black market!
*** Not wanting to loose any personal files existing, I have not completely reinstalled Windows 7... and I am really wanting to avoid that process (mostly, because figuring out how to copy everything without spending $$$ on an external is still
baffling me!) I hope that you'all can walk me through the fix on this because I cant afford any other process to getting our laptop back on-line~
Thx in advance for your help,
Ra
USN ret