perhaps nothing but...??? I dunno~
I went ahead and used the Geeks disk since I already have it and why make a new one when you have one... right! One thing I noticed is that when I open the command prompt from that disk boot, it shows X:\windows\system32> and when I change directory to
drivers (ie X:\windows\system32\drivers> ) and then do a "dir/p" command... there is no iaStor.sys file! There is however a "iaStorV.sys" file.
I already know from previous viewing (but checked again to verify) that the hard drive (C:) on the laptop has both an iaStor.sys and iaStorV.sys file in its directory (ie C:\windows\system32\drivers> ) ((things that make me go "hmmmmmm"... computer ignorance
and being a pollack prolly arent helping! :-)
ok... so Im now looking at the unzipped download that I got from ASUS and it has 9 files... (assumablly an update program to be run from within an operating Win7 system) that are as follows:
iastor.cat , iaStor.inf , IaStor.sys , license.txt , PNPINST.exe , TXTSETUP.OEM , 2KSETUP.INI , iaahci.cat , iaAHCI.inf
when i run PNPINST.exe i get the following line: " The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present. "
Q: is there some switch (added command) I need to add?
I also noted that the size of the downloaded iaStor.sys file is 330,264 bytes and the one in the laptop harddrive is 408,600 bytes!
Q: is this a problem?